What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Newburgh
You realize you must safeguard your home. Beyond everything else, it’s the place where your loved ones live and is where you have all of your valuables. But what is the ideal type of home protection? Figuring out if you should utilize 24-hour monitoring is one of the primary decisions you need to make. Learn more about the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Newburgh and get a better idea of what’s best for you.
Core Considerations Of Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24/7 monitoring, your home security system links to a third-party monitoring service that is ready to act at all times. Whenever a window sensor triggers or a CO detector goes off, your monitoring professionals are issued a prompt notification. They will work quickly to confirm the alarm and dispatch the applicable first responders.
On the contrary, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t have a backup team. You might consider this to be self-monitoring, which means that if an alarm sounds, you must take action to resolve it. This option is the less expensive route, but it also puts all the responsibility on you.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Newburgh
Here’s a short breakdown of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Benefits Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a backup at the ready is always wise. If you are away from home, sleeping, or without your cell phone, your home and those inside will still be protected.
- Speedier response times: Monitoring agents are always standing by to help. They’ll react quicker to alarms than you can alone.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security may make you eligible for a homeowners insurance price cut.
- Superior tools and flawless integration: When you receive tools, monitoring, and installation from a respected home security expert, you will gain access to a cohesive system with components that may be superior to what you will come across independently.
Drawbacks Of A Monitored System
- Fee: There is a monthly expenditure for monitoring.
- Have to use professional installation: Numerous individuals prefer to have the install taken care of by qualified experts, but some DIYers might object.
- Must sign a contract: You will generally have to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This is likely to be acceptable for many as home security is a benefit you will want long term.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Newburgh
Here’s a brief rundown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Pros Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t incur a monitoring charge.
- Self-installation: Some may consider this an advantage as they can do the installation themselves and avoid an added charge. Other residents may want to go with an experienced technician.
- Higher Level of Flexibility: You are able to install devices whenever you wish - and from different manufacturers. With that being said, you may find incorporating into a seamless system a challenge.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be anyone else monitoring your system. If a disaster unfolds, it’s up to you to get support.
Cons Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What happens when you’re away from your cell phone and don’t receive a security notification? This scenario will generate additional stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Requires your full attention: As you are the single person in charge, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- No support connecting the system: If you need help during an install, you may have to pay for a separate service professional. The installation process is also likely to take much longer.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Newburgh
Get the 24/7 support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Newburgh from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored system is the ideal solution for your family. Contact (845) 208-9357 today to customize your package.