Home security cameras can simply be used as a hindrance—a display that tells criminals or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can utilize your home security cameras to tighten your home’s security.
Fortunately, today’s security cameras arrive outfitted with a plethora of features all designed to deliver total protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording functionality and 2-way talk or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion detection, these tools help you to get the most from video surveillance in Newburgh.
How To Set Up Your Newburgh Video Surveillance For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to improving your home security cameras is placing your devices in the best places around your house. Indoor security cameras need to be placed in high traffic spots such as the living room or family room. It’s also a smart move to set a camera looking at main entryways, stairs, or other transitional areas intruders would have to enter through to access the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras ideally provide a clear sightline of your patio, driveway, and yards, garage, and other outdoor separated buildings, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your main entryway through a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations within your interior that aren’t quite as vital to surveil such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, placing a camera in the vicinity can reduce your privacy. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you desire some type of device in bedrooms.
Additions That Optimize Home Security Cameras
Camera placement is only the first step in utilizing the all you can out of home security cameras in Newburgh. The features listed below help to optimize security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic notifications on your mobile device anytime abnormal activity is detected. You can also program cameras to begin capturing footage when motions are detected which serves to boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your security cameras to record and store clips for easy viewing anytime.
- 2-way talk: The majority of current security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to speak to people through the camera. Via your security app, you can act like you’re inside the building or talk to your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view is determined by how much a camera can see, and allows for a more exhaustive view of any space. Opt for cameras that provide a minimum of 120-degree wide angle lens or that are able to pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Infrared vision: Double check that your video surveillance have either LED or infrared sensors that can produce clips of night-time movement.
- Activity zones: Activity zones give you the freedom to secure specific locations within your living space.. For example, you can configure your doorbell camera to notify you of movement taking place on your yard or your driveway and disregard traffic passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- App: mobile app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera footage, control cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send up-to-date notifications when the detect unusual motion around your property.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Achieving the most out of your security cameras in Newburgh is more simple. From lightning quick motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security rises from just a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (845) 208-9357 or complete the form below to get started customizing your security system today.