Today's home security options have become increasingly more intelligent. Even so, you may still fail to complete simple security tasks like arming your a security system, closing the garage, or even making sure your doors are locked.
How would you feel if you never had to worry about these tasks in the future? With geofencing in Newburgh, you can just leave the driveway and let your home security system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Newburgh For Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border around your property, which you may arrange in your cell phone app. This convenient tool then tracks your phone to see when you go past the boundary and then initiates pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices utilize to communicate with other connected equipment. This technological advancement aids your security system by putting all elements onto a single network. You can set up specific boundaries around your property and assign particular actions if you cross the specified border.
For instance, shortly after you pull away from your driveway, you could program your security system to secure your front and back doors, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will notify your system to disarm alarms, open the garage, activate lighting, and even change your your home’s comfort levels.
Here are a handful of the technologies you will be able to command with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices like Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage door sensors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are Available In Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can use your property’s security system in Newburgh. When accessing the ADT Control app, you have the ability to reap the benefits of smart home automation. With just a few taps of the app interface, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart devices to engage at the times of your choice. Have your lights start to turn down to signal that it's bedtime, or deactivate your alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Manage how devices interact: Make certain devices come alive in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to switch on the exhaust fan if the fire alarm is set off. Or illuminate your smart bulb in the hallway if your doorbell camera senses unusual motion outside.
● Customize scenes: Create scenes featuring various devices that operate in unison. Have your lighting lower, the temperature go down, and the locks activate when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for TV night with specific lighting and temperature settings.
● Take advantage of geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm as you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing capability and your smartphone, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Newburgh
Whether you seek additional certainty of a completely secure residence whenever you go to work or you would like to automate your smart home technology, geofencing can help. Contact a skilled member of our team today at (845) 208-9357 or complete the form below to start designing your optimal security system.